- According to the WHO report, at present, about 350 million people are suffering from depression.
- Women are more prone to depression than men.
- A depressed person has three to four times more dreams than normal.
- A person suffering from depression starts getting old soon.
- Research has found that people who make jokes (drama) and comedians are more prone to depression than ordinary people. Lord Krishna has also said in the Gita that if a person is more possessive then it means that he is alone from inside.
- Depression is not a disease of today, it has been going on for centuries, but in the 21st century its effect has increased 10 times more than before.
- People who spend a lot of extra time on the Internet (Facebook, WhatsApp) are often in mental troubles.
- America’s great President Abraham Lincoln was in depression for a long time due to the sorrows in life, during this time he used to stay away from knives because he thought that he would not kill himself with them.
- People of France are most prone to depression. A research has found that 20 percent of the people there definitely go through a state of depression at some point in their life.
- 350 million people all over the world are victims of depression.
- The chances of women going into depression are 2 times more than that of men.
- Antidepressants are effective in treating depression by 46%-54% while placebos are effective by 31%-38%.
- Due to stress, you start dreaming 3 to 4 times more.
- Stress can make you old quickly.
- In America, 1 out of every 8 people are suffering from depression.
- Comedian and funny people live in more depression.
- People who spend more time on the Internet are more likely to go into depression, feel lonely and go crazy.
- Today, 10 times more people are living under stress than in 1945.
- Most people in Iceland live in depression.
- Abraham Lincoln was a victim of depression and used to avoid carrying a knife with him. He was afraid that he might kill himself.
- Symptoms of depression and stress have also been found in elephants and chimpanzees.
- In France, 1 out of every 5 people is a victim of depression.
- When you are in depression, your mind starts playing tricks on you. It can even make you think of suicide. Stay away from depression.
- One of the two best ways to avoid depression is to exercise in the gym and spend time with pets. You should have at least one pet to keep your mind fit and strong.
- Depression makes you selfish. When sad, it is difficult to think about someone else, act wisely and adopt ways to be happy.
- Because of depression, you spend 65% of your time worrying.
- Persistent irritability can be a symptom of depression. If you are worried about the world, your life and your loved ones, then it may be that it is a matter of your mind.
- Depression is as dangerous for your loved ones as it is for you.
- Every year 20 million new people in America become victims of depression.
- A stressed mind sees things differently.
- From the age of 18 to 33, man remains under maximum stress.
- Cigarette smokers are more prone to stress than non-cigarette smokers and people who have quit smoking.
- Working on the computer till late night creates tension in the eyes, nerves and mind.
- Bathing with cold water keeps the skin good and removes stress.
- A person under stress develops the habit of lying to himself. You try to avoid things or you shy away from facing situations.
- 80% of depression victims do not get treatment.
- Depressed people are more likely to catch a cold than non-depressed people.
- After half the age, due to lack of testosterone, the chances of men going into depression increase.
- Psychiatrists say that due to stress or depression, you start thinking more and our brain invents those problems which were not there before.
- You should watch sunrise and sunset at least 2 to thrice a week. This will help you a lot in fighting stress. It is a free and affordable treatment.
- You can also get rid of your stress to a great extent by playing video games. If a sport gives you ease, then don’t think that you are wasting time.
- Along with reducing stress by having sex, headache also disappears.
- Stress can be prevented to some extent by taking good sleep at night.
- To control anger, it is necessary to take a deep breath and then exhale. Due to this process the nervous system becomes active, due to which the heart rate slows down. This reduces stress and anger. That is why whenever anger comes, take three deep breaths and let it out.
- Taking care of plants for half an hour gives as much freedom from mental stress as by studying an interesting book in the room.
- If you are feeling angry, rub your hands with each other. By doing this, your hands will be warm and at the time of anger, the rapidly increasing blood flow in the nervous system will slow down.
Make a one-time donation
Make a monthly donation
Make a yearly donation
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.DonateDonate monthlyDonate yearly