1. Titanic was the world’s largest ship of its time. It was the biggest thing ever created by man.
2. On March 31, 1909, a team of three thousand people started building the Titanic ship and built it in just 26 months i.e. till May 31, 1911. The ship was as big as three football fields, and on 31 May 1911 more than a million people came to see it.
3. Titanic’s decorations and installation of chimneys continued till April 1912, and in the same month it was to go for its first (and last) voyage.
4. Titanic left for New York on 10 April 1912 from Southampton in England. Everything went well for four days, but on April 14, 1912, at 11:40 pm, it collided with an iceberg and water started filling in its lower parts.
5. As soon as the ship collided with the snow mountain, there was an atmosphere of fear on the ship, but in times of crisis, some sensible people came forward and gave patience to the people. Children and women were safely disembarked from the lifeboats on board.
6. About 2 hours 40 minutes after the collision with the iceberg, this ship was completely sank in the sea. (from 11:40 to 2:20 at night)
7. According to an estimate, there were 3547 people on board, of which 2687 were passengers and 860 crew members. Of these, 1537 people lost their lives in this accident.
8. There were only 20 lifeboats on the Titanic ship, which was enough to save only one third of its people, if there were more lifeboats on the ship, then perhaps so many people would not have died.
9. The bodies of only 306 people who died in this accident were found.
10. The temperature of the water in which the Titanic was submerged was -2 degrees Celsius, in which no person could survive for more than 15 minutes.
11. Despite the news of the ship sinking slowly, its musicians continued to play songs till the time of its sinking so that they and the people who were going to die after some time could spend their last moments happily.
12. The iceberg that hit the ship was about 100 feet high. It came from Glacier in Greenland. (The picture given above is of two icebergs found near the accident site the day after the accident, and it is believed that Titanic collided with one of these.)
13. According to an estimate, the iceberg that hit Titanic It separated from Greenland 10,000 years ago, but it was destroyed two weeks after the collision because the iceberg was also damaged by the collision.
14. Titanic needed 600 tons of coal every day. Out of its team of 860 crew members, the job of 176 was only to put coal in the furnaces. Every day 100 tons of smoke came out of the chimneys of this ship. –
15. Titanic had four big chimneys, out of which only three smoke came out. The fourth chimney was fake and was only fitted to balance the ship.
16. Titanic crash happened in the North Atlantic Sea, it took 73 years to find the wreckage of the ship. After many efforts, the wreckage of Titanic was found on 1 September 1985.
17. You will be surprised to know that there are two pieces of Titanic ship lying in the sea, the distance between the two pieces is about 600 meters. Apart from this, many things including many other things of the ship were also found in the radius of 5 km of this wreckage of people who were traveling in this ship.
18.(As shown in the red circle in the picture, the ship collided with the iceberg of the same place and started filling with water) But it is more believed that perhaps it was broken due to increasing pressure on one side of the sea surface itself.
19. Many films and documentaries have been made on Titanic, but the ‘Titanic’ flim made in 1997 was the most discussed. The cost of making this film came to 40 percent more than making the Titanic ship according to that time.
20. You will be surprised to know that there were many people aboard the Titanic, who were not going to travel in it. Actually Titanic’s owner company ‘White Star Line’ had canceled the voyage of its two ships due to lack of coal and shifted its passengers to Titanic.
21. To travel in first class in Titanic, about a hundred years ago, $ 4,350 (about 2 lakh 70 thousand rupees) had to be paid. At the same time, an amount of $ 1,750 (about 1 lakh rupees) for second class and $ 30 (about two thousand rupees) had to be paid for third class. If we look at the value of dollars in today’s time, then a passenger would have got a chance to travel in it by spending 50 lakh rupees.
22. There was a good arrangement of food for the passengers and crew members in the Titanic ship. There were 86,000 pounds of meat, 40,000 eggs, 40 tons of potatoes, 3,500 pounds of onions, 36,000 apples and a variety of food items to be eaten on board the ship.
23. The maximum speed of Titanic was 43 kilometers per hour.
24. During the construction of Titanic, more than 250 people were injured and two people were also killed.
25. Out of the 860 crew members of the ship, only 23 were women. Crew
26. 13 newly married couples arrived on board the Titanic for their honeymoon.
27. The whistle on the Titanic could be heard up to 16 kilometers away.
28. Nine dogs were also aboard this ship, but only two of them survived the accident.
Make a one-time donation
Make a monthly donation
Make a yearly donation
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.DonateDonate monthlyDonate yearly