- Football game was invented in China and Chinese people knew this game as ‘Kuzu’.
- Football is the most played and most watched sport on earth. The passion for football can be gauged from the fact that often due to the enthusiasm in the FootBall Stadium, when the crowd is unable to control it, there is a stampede.
- The world’s first football club was the English Sheffield Football Club. It was established in 1857 by Colonel Nathaniel Creswick and Major William Priest, two British Army officers.
- In football tournaments till 1913, there was no rule for the goalkeeper of a team to wear different colored shirts.
- The last Football World Cup was the most popular World Cup watched on television. This World Cup was watched on television by almost 1 billion people.
- According to the evidence of the video, in December 1998 Ricardo Oliver (Uruguay) set the world record by scoring the fastest goal in 2.8 seconds.
- You will be surprised to know – in a football match, a single player scored the maximum number of 16 goals. This feat was done by Stepan Stennis (France) in December 1942 while playing for Racing Club de Lens.
- You will be surprised to know that there were only 300 people sitting in the stadium to watch the final match of the first Football World Cup.
- Each player runs an average of 9.65 km during a football match.
- You will be surprised to know that the first match played in basketball was played with football.
- The ‘European team’ has managed to make it to every World Cup final except the finals of 1930 and 1950.
- Luigi Riva was a strong footballer who broke the hand of an observer with his powerful shot.
- The great footballer Pele had awarded the football game as ‘Beautiful Game’ for the first time.
- Football game is known as soccer in America and Canada while it is called football all over the world.
- In 1964, during a football match in Peru, 300 people lost their lives in riots due to a wrong decision of a referee.
- The first World Cup was played in 1930, its title was won by the host country Uruguay.
- You will be surprised to know that astronaut Neil Armstrong, who took the first step on the moon, wanted to take football with him but NASA did not allow him to do so.
- The ball used in professional football has been around for 120 years, having a diameter of 28 inches and a weight of about 450 grams.
- Pakistan is the largest producer of football in the world. More than 80% of the world’s footballs are produced in Pakistan.
- Pele is the youngest player to win the Football World Cup at the age of 17. At the same time, Deane Jouffe comes in the category of the oldest player to win the Football World Cup at the age of 40.
- In the 1950 football world cup, the Indian team was thrown out simply because the players did not have shoes to play football.
- Professional football started on August 31, 1895.
- During a match played in Africa in 1998, 11 players of one team were killed by lightning, while nothing happened to the other team.
- Carlos Kejli of Chile was the first football player to be shown a red card in the 1974 World Cup.
- Most of the football matches held during World War II were known as ‘The Death Match’.
- The record of getting the fastest red card in the history of football is in the name of Lee Todd. He got the red card within 2 seconds of the start of the match.
- The first live coverage of a football match was shown on television in 1937.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is the first player in the world to score an average every minute in a football match.
- Football’s most popular competition is the FIFA World Cup, which is held every fourth year.
- There is also a fact that more than 100 crore fans watch the Football World Cup on TV.
Make a one-time donation
Make a monthly donation
Make a yearly donation
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.DonateDonate monthlyDonate yearly